Originally Posted by azcat
John, wee all agreed on the numbers used for my boat. I dont have a problem with that at all. The race was a blast.
But I can carry a lot more sail area without much penalty by uping the area of both the main and jib to NA specs since its pretty clear that a lot of racers are going to fight me on an "original" rating. I am using the sail area of that lackluster "Original" that you mentioned in your post. Other than the area added using the foil that is. The squaretop was added with the area taken from the bottom of the original sail, so I didnt gain there other than moving the area to the top of the sail. I think it will be harder to bring the rating to the boat than to bring the boat to the rating.
Or, get an inter. But that would be too easy, and I wouldnt have an excuse for getting my a$$ handed to me.

I was clarifying for Lee what we did for your boat.

As for next year, I am toying with the idea of using a Texel style system that takes into consideration everything that is currently on the boat as I anticipate a few other "Franken-NACRAS showing up.

I am doing some homework now on how this system works