Here's my take from sailing my 6.0. Don't rake the mast (unless it's blowing). I always had the best results in racing when the mast was mostly stood up. With the stock rig this way there were times when we could give N20s a run (until the chutes came out in decent breeze). Working through the set ups I found a sweet spot for the stock jib that allowed the boat to point very nicely. So I view the stock jib set up as quite fine, except for the flesh ripping cross wire.

My sailing partner in crime had a very nice set of Smyth sails for his 6.0. We loved the main - square top of same area as stock (triangle removed from foot). The jib was bigger than stock, and a real pita to get set so it didn't mess with the airflow over the main.

Against that backdrop (and having seen the pictures of the boats with the foil moved forward), here's what I've always wanted to do - square top main like the Smyth one we had. Leave the foil where it is, but run a self tacking jib to the front beam. The foot of that jib is still bigger than the N20 jib. Have the jib cut similar to the maxi-blade config that folks have made for the Corsairs (kind of a fat head non-overlapping thing). Then add a more modern cut spinny, not the huge things they used to run for Worrell, or even what the NE guys used to run, but something cut more flat that can have a wider range - think Tornado or N-20 style.