I've owned both, sold the Reynolds a year and a half ago to buy a Stiletto. The question about keeping the boat in a mast up storage area or apart on a trailer is one you need to give a lot of thought to. Putting either of these together is not a quick, trivial thing. If I had to put either one together for a day sail, I'd look for something else.
The Reynolds is a tank compared to the Stiletto, but depending on the winds in your area a tank might be what you need. If you need interior space, the Reynolds is the way to go. You could sleep 2 in the hulls if you had to, there's no way you could spend more than 5 minutes in the Stiletto hulls. I wouldn't put 8 people on either unless you had a light wind day.
For a first catamaran you might be better off with the Reynolds. It's a much tamer boat with a Portsmouth rating of 84 if my memory's correct, compared to 59 on the Stiletto (with spin and light crew).
Keep in mind that both of these are older boats and due to their size anything you might need to replace will cost more. Make sure the trampoline is in good shape.

Out of curiosity, are you looking at the Reynolds for sale in GA? If so, that's my old boat and it's in great shape. 23s can be hard to come by, it took me a while to find mine. Found it through someone on this site.

Last edited by Matt_Z; 10/31/11 09:19 AM.