Soul, I don't know about the trailer laws between GA and where you're going. I do know that when the gent bought it from me he towed it from NC to GA without plates or trailer lights. Not sure how that would fly in your neck of the woods.
That boat sat unused at a sailing club for a long time, maybe 15 years. It had a tree growing between the hulls, I had to take it apart to move it. I needed a project and had my eye on the boat for a few years. There were 2 of them there and as it turned out they would not sell one, only both. That worked out since between the 2 I got one usable boat.
Raising the mast on this boat is a bear, there is no gin pole. One could be rigged pretty easily if you look into how they work or find someone nearby that's familiar with them.

If your wife likes quick set up, she's going to hate this boat. I'd plan on it taking a day and a half the first time. Honestly, if you don't have a sailing club near you where you can keep the boat assembled I think you're making a mistake. Comparing putting this together to raising the mast on a hobie is comparing apples and oranges. When on a trailer this boat is completely disassembled. That is a lot of trampoline to lace. I think the best you can hope for is a 3 hour assembly time after getting some practice. After those 3 hours you'll be too tired to go sailing.