The boat I was referring to was Ali's boat. The main has been sitting in an inch or two of water for probably a year or so. Very moldy. Ali told me the boat cannot be towed out of where it is (in Clearwater) until the axle is fixed on the trailer. The outside port hull bow is quite soft. Both hulls had a couple of inches of standing water in them (and more mold.) Most of the blocks and cleats were sun damaged (the plastic was dry and cracked,) and she told me she wanted $1500 firm. My sailing friend who I consulted suggested it would probably cost $2000+ to get the boat back into useable shape. I was looking for something that would be ready to sail rather than a fixer-upper. I didn't even go look at the beater from Craigslist.

I might be able to convince a friend of mine with an Inter 17 to sail the mini-macho as well. His boards are much longer than mine, but we are both used to sailing in Clearwater Bay so hopefully we can handle the terrain. I guess we will find out when we sail them up to Dunedin on the Saturday before the race. :-)

Daniel T.
Taipan F16 - USA 213