I haven't backed down on anything. As regards a table of organization, I offered several examples as well as the information that the board of directors is already looking into the organizational structure. Publishing a table before they present their findings is likely to be wasted effort.

I have lots of question! One answer is likely to produce several more questions.

My greater goal is to better understand how USS works. Specifically I want USS to be more open and democratic in its proceedings.

I abhor monoplies. To that end I would like to see USS have to compete for its place as the leader of amateur and Olympic sailing in the U.S. I'm willing to spend a small amount of money in that pursuit. But, since that would take an act of Congress I'm not holding my breath.

In the mean time the same problems keep popping up, especially concerning Alter Cup. I'm wondering why this can't be resolved and looking for a solution.

Pete Pollard
Blade 702

'When you have a lot of things to do, it's best to get your nap out of the way first.