Originally Posted by Jake
You guys are like mice on a wheel and Pete is throwing you a piece of lettuce. grin

What’s wrong with lettuce? wink

Originally Posted by John Williams
Originally Posted by brucat

What is it specifically that you want?
Mike

Attention

Assuming this is a legitimate question, and not an attempt at humor that I am missing...

Attention of whom, exactly, and on what topic?

Since October, we have had:

• Two MHC meetings (one of which was the "Annual Meeting" which face-to-face in Annopolis, and was attended by Jack, Gary, and a large number of other US Sailing officials and staff).
• I have sat down with Jack twice, and Liz once. This is in addition to the direct and impromptu (airport, flight, lunch, etc.) meetings in Annapolis, which also included Lee and a number of Board and HOD members.
• I have had countless email and phone discussions and meetings, one of which resulted in the MHC Alter Cup survey.
• We proposed, and the Board approved, a new Chair for the MCC (Alter Cup committee).

We will be having a MHC spring meeting (teleconference), most likely in April.

I am doing everything that I can to bridge the gaps, but I need specific input on what those gaps are. Jack has been asking the whole time as well, which tells me that he is interested in helping us.

Pete, this post was anything but specific enough to be actionable for the MHC (my comments included here):

Originally Posted by pgp
I haven't backed down on anything. As regards a table of organization, I offered several examples as well as the information that the board of directors is already looking into the organizational structure. Publishing a table before they present their findings is likely to be wasted effort.
ML: Yes, we can create an Org Chart. Not sure how much purpose it would serve, because we have a pretty flat organization (as far as MHC), but I have no problem adding that to the list of improvements for the website.

I have lots of question! One answer is likely to produce several more questions.
My greater goal is to better understand how USS works. Specifically I want USS to be more open and democratic in its proceedings.
I abhor monoplies. To that end I would like to see USS have to compete for its place as the leader of amateur and Olympic sailing in the U.S. I'm willing to spend a small amount of money in that pursuit. But, since that would take an act of Congress I'm not holding my breath.
ML: I already told you how to handle this: Call Gary. You’re wasting your time here.

In the mean time the same problems keep popping up, especially concerning Alter Cup. I'm wondering why this can't be resolved and looking for a solution.
ML: Seriously? Have you been living under a rock for the past week? Or, just forgotten about the other thread that is discussing our path forward for this: . http://www.catsailor.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=244080#Post244080

Mike