... And I gave you hints ...

Ok, since I don't know how to post pic's/diagrams I'll walk you through it ... maybe someone can post a pic or diagram

1) Start w/ a Harken Quad Block for the top "Boom Block" and a Triple Block w/ becket and camcleat for the Bottom "Traveler Block" Now you need to modify/add to the bottom Block a "Single Block" attached above the camcleat to a eyestrap that you install on the (2) mach screws that hold the Camcleat on. Now here is the "BIG TRICK" ... the single block must be installed so that it is orientated across, orthogonally (that means 90* to ...)to the triple block ... I tie mine on w/ 1/8" spectra/vectra ... OK?

Now wreaving/threading as follows ....

2) Start w/ the mainsheet passing through the Triple block at the camcleat and center shive .... (the mainsheat exits the triple at the back).... up to the Quad Block to the second shive on the left (this can work both ways, I just picked "left"), thread the mainsheat through over the top from back to front ... next down to the Triple Block to outboard left shive, threading the mainsheet from front to back ... continue up to the Quad Block to the outboard left shive, again threading the mainsheat through over the top from back to front .... NOW FOR THE TRICK .... continue w/ the mainsheat down to the SINGLE BLOCK(!!!) attached to the Triple at the camcleat, threading the mainsheat from left to right through the "single block" ... now up to the Quad Block to the outboard right shive and thread the mainsheat through over the top from front to back ... now down to the triple block, threading the mainsheat through the outboard right shive back to front ... continue up to the Quad Block, the inboard right shive and thread through over the top front to back ... continue down and tie off at the becket on the triple. There you have it ....

Now when you weave/thread an 8X1 Mainsheat Stack this way you will notice that by having the "Single Block" attached to the camcleat the mainsheat will not rub anywhere as it crosses from the left side shives to the right side shives. This works best if the "Single Block" shive is the same size diameter as the "Triple Block's" shives (ie: smaller is NOT better). I use the Harken Quad as my "Top/Boom" block as I know of no other manufacture making a "Quad Block" (but there maybe someone) For the Traverler/Bottom Triple w/ Becket and Camcleat you can use any manufacture you please ... I determined my preference based on the finer adjustment ability and on the angle of the camcleat ... (I like Lewmars personally ... but the Harken "Carbo" series is good also )

(I can't explain "how" I can do this, but I can close my eyes and visualize things in 3D ... rotating it and viewing it from different angles ... something that amazed my Architectural/Engineering Drafting Teacher in those ol' days where you actually used a lead pencil and drew drawings on paper ....)

Harry Murphey
H18Mag/P19MX