Okay everyone, I just bought a 2000 Nacra Inter 20 and I had a bunch of questions. You guys have already been super helpful when I asked about a furling system, so I seem to be in the right place.

Just to introduce myself, my name is Tim and I’ve owned a Prindle 18-2 for a couple years now and live out in Hawaii.

1) First question, what do you call the boat, Inter 20? Nacra 20? Nacra F20? I mean it says Inter 20 in big red letters on the side of the boat, but I understand that boat names evolve and I was wondering what the current term for the boat is.

2) Speaking of the big red ‘Inter 20’ logo on the side of the boat, I want to get rid of it. What’s the best way? Hair dryer and plastic scraper? 3m eraser drill pads?

3) The boat I bought didn’t come with a spinnaker or pole as it had been stolen off the boat awhile ago. I’m not sure what the original system on the boat was, but it seems easy enough to go between snuffer/non-snuffer. I think I would like to use the snuffer system, does anyone have a snuffer pole they want to part with? Also, I may/or may not need a spinnaker too. I have a lead on a spinnaker at a good price right now, but I need to figure out if the spinnaker will be compatible with the spin system I end up buying. From what I understand, a midpole snuffer versus a full length snuffer have different snuffing points on the spinnaker. I understand midpole snuffing is more desirable, but economics might play a factor on what pole I can afford.

4) The tramp on the boat is original (12 years old) and needs to be replaced. It seems to be pulling out of the track on one side of the boat. Is that because the track is bad, or the tramp is 12 years old, or both? I understand there are new tramp systems for the boat, what should I do here? Can I even find an original type tramp to buy anymore?

I know that’s a lot of questions, sorry about that.
Thanks in advance,

Tim

Nacra Inter 20 - USA 302

Last edited by timtower; 06/16/12 05:54 PM.

--
Sabotage
USA 302
Nacra Inter 20
https://TurnoverBnB.com