Originally Posted by lonestarcat
Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
I just hate this guise of intolerance guised as tolerance bullsh*t. Its okay for you to hate someone because they don't like, or flat out hate another, but there's nothing wrong with the hater hating the other one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

In one case it can be inferred that the democratically elected president is hated simply because he is black. In the other case, a thinking person may dislike the person that appears to be proudly associating himself with race-based hatred specifically because that kind of thinking and actions based on that thinking (prominent 100 years ago) are ignorant and detrimental to everyone involved.

The two are not alike. Sometimes political correctness is simply correct. Condemming racism, not defending it, is the proper thing to do.

This site may soon find itself limited to like-minded Southern white boys telling Captain Noah jokes to themselves. Carry on, if that is what you want.

So the Rev. Jeremiah Wrights racism is OK because it comes from a black man? Not exactly an equal playing field.
Here's a little tune about being stereotyped.

And before you start in on the Nazi skinhead thing do a little research on Ian McKay and Minor threat.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White