A while back there was a posting on this forum (or the other open forum) that described that when hobie corp was asked about the quoted "weight = 275 lbs / 125 kg " statement in their brochures, Hobie replied that that refers to the optimal crewweight for the FX-one.

I will believe Hobie corp on anything they say but would take up in my buying contract that the sale is off when the boat is above 127,5 kg in weight. Just to stay good friends in the future so to say; because it is also my experience that the boat feels like 125 kg in a unconvincingly manner.

Doug, if you want I can tell you more about the FX-one as I have sailed enough to have a balanced take on it. I must however state here that I'm involved in another class which competes directly with the FX-one. Prior to starting this new class in 2001 I sailed the FX-one for the first as I was interested in buying one myself. I eventually decided against it in favour of this new class. For this reason I would like to give you my comments in private by mail if you are interested in those.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands