I tried to stay out of this, I really did, but now I just can't help myself. F-18 is a box rule or formula class. Manufacturers big, or small, or home builders are free to build a boat that they feel best optimizes their products perfromance within the limits of the rule. Over time, these manufactures will make tweaks to their designs (within the rule) that they feel will further optimize performance. It is up to the consumer to decide what product they feel best meets their needs or has best optimized performance.

I can hold my own in my local fleet, I win some, I lose some. I was lucky enough to make it to worlds in LA last year and sailed well enough to make it to gold fleet. In any given race, there were boats of all makes, models, vintages both in front of me and behind me. I had moments of glory in the front of the fleet and periods of dispair at the back. This was allways based on my performance, not that of my boat.

Further, a year ago, I sold my 08 Infusion and picked up a shiny new C2. At a regatta a month ago, I was soundly trounced by my old boat. Nothing to do with either boat, I was out sailed by the crew on my old boat.

The F18 formula works! painted boats, gel coat boats, 1.5 mil sails, 3.0 mil sails.....the performace gains are negligible, it will still be up to the sailor on the boat to win the race. Need proof.....I'm your proof!

If your havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but my beautiful wife ain't one