Reading back through this Thrice might have a point. I feel in light of whats going on in the catamaran world at the moment, relaxing the centreboard rules might be a good idea. Its still going to take a while for any interested party to get the motivation to get it right so i dont think its going to make the rest of the fleet obsolete over night.

Over the past couple of years the box seems to be getting tighter and tighter. Instead of putting more rules in i reckon it would be a good idea for the future of the F16 to see a few outdated rules removed or relaxed a bit. Or better still i feel we should be going back to the original rule set before ISAF became involved.

I see now there is a push at the moment to tighten the sail rules even more. It means all of the sails start looking the same and keeps the construction stuck firmly in the stone age. New construction techniques we were using nearly a decade ago are now not class legal. Seems there is a bit of a push from i dont know who to try and make every boat in the world close to one-design. This makes absolutely no sense IMO as most classes in the cat world that are doing well are Box rule or at very least have multiple builders.

Last edited by Aido; 06/06/13 02:59 AM.

Aido
Viper 288