The rules now state that sails have to be built out of just one cloth throughout the body?

When trying to look up the rules, this is what I find on formula16.net

The Formula 16 is a recognised ISAF class, all info can be found here.

The F16 Class Box Rule can be consulted on the ISAF website.

Note:

The active link to the ISAF website has been disabled because wrong and non voted documents are published at the ISAF website.

Choosing to ignore the warning, I go to the ISAF website and find this as the current rules (2012 rules): http://www.sailing.org/tools/documents/F162012CR220612-[12620].pdf

I find nothing there about sail materials under section C.10 - Sails.
Under section G.3.4.b I do indeed find this regulation: The body of the sail shall consist of the same woven and/or laminated ply throughout

Does this mean that new string sails or not allowed anymore? Any changes to previous rules would be marked in blue or red. This text is not marked so it should be a relatively old change (2011 or 2010). Why would string sails not be allowed? Cost?

Further I have to ask myself where the current rules are to be found when considering the text on the class website.

I suppose you would get 6deg + the angle you get from flying a hull and then solve for lift generated at different heel angles and different attack angles on the daggerboard after compensating for increased hull drag. smile