Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
Originally Posted by Timbo

Development costs money, and takes time.

The two things I'm always short of are time and money.

So what's more important to you Timbo? Racing to win, racing to improve your individual ability, or sailing as a social event?

I think the answer would dictate how you spend the limited time/money you have at your disposal.

Racing has certainly improved my boat-handling ability, as well as my competency in higher wind/sea conditions which could translate quite well into less high-performance craft.

Since I'm too fat (180 lbs and falling) for you twerps on tiny boats, I have resigned myself to adopting more of a cruising lifestyle in the hopes of picking up a F-24 which would be about as "dual purpose" (moderately fast, trailerable, single-handable, and weekend cruise-able) as I could hope to afford.

When I first got into racing, at 19, it was to improve my sailing skills. Later, in my mid 20's, it was for the adrenaline rush of tight competition. Now in my 50's, I only do it for the social event afterwards, if/when I have the time and money to show up.

And I'm 185 on a light day, in the spring, after a 20 mile bike ride, but well over 190 during NFL season (beer, pizza induced) so you are lighter than me and a perfect weight for Uni or with one of the kiddes! BUT the two of us together, not even on an F18. Too bad nobody can afford to race an Inter 20 anymore!

Blade F16