Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
Diesel's aren't welcome here. Whether that's from lobbying from the big three or not, who know's. I can't imagine its from them, as it has cost them a flippin' fortune trying to stay legal, and keep up with the warranty issues caused by all the smog B.S.

Maybe more so from the refineries.. what would happen if 50% of all cars converted with no infrastructure to meet the demand?

Had a BMW 335 Twin Turbo Diesel in Germany last summer... It was a blast. 6 Speed manual transmission and the Autobahn let me get my Steve McQueen on!!!!

Funny, standing behind the car and getting stuff out of the trunk with the engine running, you couldn't even smell the the exhaust..

Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by Ventucky Red
Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
That's a cool Volkswagen! We don't get any sweet vehicles in the USA, hell you can't even get a normal transmission anymore. We've become so fat and facking lazy pretty soon the transmissions will be voice activated.

We can start with NHTSA, the the EPA, and some other government alphabet soup organizations

That truck is probably safer and cleaner than anything we currently have on the road even if it may be a diesel..

I'm just guessing but I bet more of it has to do with GM and Ford's lobbying efforts.

Probably more so with tariffs and the Chicken Tax..

Could be, but the new Ford Escape is the Ford Kuga that has been hot seller in Europe for the past few years... And I think that is being built in South America.

From what I understand, there are a lot of models that don't make it to the continent. This has more to do marketing focus groups.. Let alone the safety standards and the MPG requirements..