Originally Posted by Undecided
I put the ole bitch in the garage today and getting her taped off to grind off all of the non-skid.

After I'm done with that, I'll tackle the refinishing project. Here's what I'm dealing with:

Old scar repair. When the white was sprayed on it was just too transparent or just not built up enough.
[Linked Image]

Yellow side repair. This was gelcoat that never fully kicked. It also happens to be the spot where I tagged the lowered tailgate of Jake's truck with the boat while trailering down at Columbia sailing club. Last time I tried to do anything with this spot, it just got tacky and sticky like I had just pulled off a decal there. I think the only way I'm going to fix that is with a big decal... Jake???

[Linked Image]

Then the gelcoat flaking. Just need to sand it down I think so it stops then properly wet sand, compound and polish.

[Linked Image]

Boat is going up for sale this winter likely so I need to get her looking respectable at least.

Interesting...the white bow repair where it flaked off - that was gelcoat with duratec (I did this part) but it looks like it's back too far and on shiny gelcoat. This is probably why it's flaking off....in my defense, I hadn't anticipated how transparent the duratec would make the gelcoat and I ended up having to put much more on and feather it back further than I intended to blend in the thickness...but now I know. Thanks for the pics.

Jake Kohl