um-kay.... for the benefit of those who don't know me (I have been living under a bridge for basically the past 2 sailing seasons):

- I have no friends (I un-friended myself on FB) so my purchase would be something to single-hand, or worse, single hand with grommets running about (at least they're good swimmers)

- As Timbo pointed out and the charts corroborate, my sailing area is wrought with unmarked shoals and WARNING: ORDINANCE DISPOSAL AREA markings it would seem a max draft of as little 4 feet would still be trouble. 3 foot might do it

- There really are no active OD / SMOD fleets of anything down here. BUT, there are a reasonable number of popular PHRF races

- I don't need any more pickle dishes to justify my (lack of) manliness, especially if it means I have to spend a buttload of $ to stay in an arms race

- I'm too cheap to pay for a mooring or slip space, so it's got to be a trailer sailor. And I've only got a 3500lb hitch.

- I'm a multi-snob because I just can't figure why I want to haul lead around.

- I thought about a dingy, but since most alligators and pythons are about the same size as a Flying Scot, I might want something over 20 feet LWL.

I have a bead on something that may fit all of these criteria. It may have more than 2 hulls, though.

Jay