Originally Posted by windswept
Go to usaca.info and look at what is available.

And this would be a good value. http://usaca.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=627:2005-a3&catid=7:a-class-catamarans-for-sale&Itemid=20

That does look to be a good deal, and relatively close. The DNA on that site kinda gives me a chubber, but the 4k miles of driving, 58hrs behind the wheel, $900 in fuel, and $1600 worth of wear and tear on my pickup doesn't really tickle my happy bits. I see Skip's EVO on there too, he's fairly close to me, and I know some of the history with that boat as well.

I'm not really looking for a boat to race, though I'm sure it'll happen. I need something I can setup and get into the water in a reasonable amount of time. If I spend an hour getting to and from the lake, and hour to setup, and an hour to tear down, I can get maybe an hour sail in during the week. Its just not worth it to me having a 3:1 ratio of hassle to enjoyment. Spending <$10k on a boat probably makes the most sense, though I do love the newest in widgetry out there. It's looking like the foiling stuff is getting more stable, and is definitely looking doable under the current rule set.

I'm boatless.