Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Must be a b@#$h to keep all the bubbles and wrinkles out on a 3d surface , that big.

I didn't really address this point - you have to work it but bubbles really aren't a problem. Wrap vinyl is a special material that has a slow setting adhesive. You can stick it to itself (adhesive to adhesive) and peel it back apart a dozen times. You can also peel it off the hull and restick it again and again. It will stretch if you pull it hard enough but if the stretch is a problem (say you were reaching your hand up behind it to get to a bubble) you just hit it with heat and it shrinks right back into shape. Heat will also cause it to shrink smaller than it was originally and while hot, it will turn to butter making it really easy to conform it to complex shapes. Even if you crease it while pushing it down, you lift if off the hull and hit it with heat for a couple of seconds, the crease disappears and you just push it back down. It's incredibly forgiving. There is also a tiny grid pattern carved into the adhesive to allow air to escape but this wasn't very forgiving in that way...but there is a lot of variation in the designs of the air egress between manufacturers and this was some of the lesser expensive wrap vinyls. I'm sure the premium materials are better in this regard. I'll switch to the premium materials now that I'm through experimenting.

Jake Kohl