Originally Posted by Phillip
..... Rocker can be as much or as little as you like/design into the hull(within the restrictions).....

The "rocker" in a mozzie has always been a mystery to me and likely to many others too I'd guess .... most I've asked about it have usually shrugged their shoulders and had that blank look... confused

Jurassic Karp 1740 (as stated from its previous owner) has minimal rocker in it which can make it a bit slow in light conditions, however with this comes extra stability and less drag at speed such that this is probably one of the outright fastest hulls around and as such is well suited to the spinnaker with this extra stability. In 12 kts + this boat is as fast as any of the newer boats depending upon the guy on the tiller.

That's all well and good on paper, but how do you check what rocker you actually have ???

I've just bought another mozzie, because I needed another headache crazy and whilst it too will need some long overdue TLC, it will get on the water well before the Karp will... 2~3 weeks and we should be sailing it..... Karp is still 2~3 months away at a push....

so how do I check the rocker on the new toy ???

What do I look for .... measurements at a given point.... template comparisions ... or is this an experienced builder thing where you slip on the rubber glove and say relax and I'll see what you've got in there

shocked

wink Kingy

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740