This morning is dentist free, so let me revisit the medal racing...

In 2011 we were on Tom Duggan's Laser course with approx. 150 competitors in full - rig and Radials. The Medal Racing was on Saturday and the selected classes took turns sailing one final race for double points. Classes included Laser, Laser Radial, Mens Boards, women's boards, and 49ers. The course was shorter than the days prior, but the spectator fleet was huge. The Greeks and Israelis had both chartered 60 - 70 footers for their entourages. There were some other cool vessels outside the picket, but I remember the Greek flag was larger than the Israeli flag by a few square feet.

I believe last year's medal racing for the N 17s was just an additional Race 11 on Friday.

I suspect that Mr. Duggan's Race Comm will be managing the race track, with all the dignitaries, from the deck of the Epstein's trawler, Tonto's Reward. N 17s will be participating, for the first time, for this crowd. Actually this is great exposure for the catamaran culture. As I find out more, I will be glad to share the news.