TK and all,

I have never been to the rudder club, but I can vouch for the scattered and diverse launching arenas in Coconut Grove - not much land/parking space along the shoreline. On the other side of the yacht club there are barrier islands with narrow, shallow, channels. This shallow bottom extends well out into Biscayne Bay. I remember it was quite a hike from the slip to the Laser Course and the houses still remaining, on posts, in the middle of the bay, south of Fowley Rock.

The days are shorter, the distance to the designated race tracks is long, and the traffic is immense, considering all the coach boats. Set up and return to the harbor take a bit more bite out of the sunshine. Equipment care also drains the time.

Now, maybe the women match racers should be on cats - they race from sunup until sundown in their little corner of Biscayne Bay. One lady I met in the elevator, told me they had been doing that for over a month. I guarantee you, she knew where the laundry center was in the Marriott.