...just returned from the Gulf Yachting Association's AGM, and there, I learned of the reorganization committee and read their survey with emphasis on the Mallory and the Adams. I believe one of them is being modified or deep - sixed, so I am not surprised about the loss of WMR.

I know a TV minded audience will not enjoy the hours of a match racing format. Now a N 17 doing a wheelie or auto-gybing would create colorful drama that sells the sport to the action-oriented audience. A three boat pile up at the leeward gate in force five could attract a NASCAR audience.

Viewing a sailboat race has a rather recent history in the technological wonderworld. Modern devices and software have enhanced the opportunity to share the excitement of sailing to the public.

I told a couple past yc commodores that we may not have the history and traditions of the past, but we sure have an exciting future.

Multihulls will prosper, not just because of the AC on home screens, but more and more talent is pushing out the performance envelope or enjoying a competitive class association. Inter disciplinary sailing is more popular now than ever in the middle - age range of sincere athletes.

I will try and submit some video and photos from the weather mark. I am sure the regatta media coverage will be quite up to speed. The special Medal Racing event on Saturday will include the N 17, and if I am asked to serve on safety patrol, I'll try and share that as well.