Well Dave (and anyone else who cares...) you missed a 'textbook' perfect day on the water today. We had a southerly at about 12-16kn. Four boats started with 'To Be Sure' and 'Goodnight Nurse' leading for most of the first few legs in a very tight race. 'Stubbhorn' pulled out the kite and smoked us downwind, but couldn't hold us off upwind. Andy (Red Mist) is improving steadily, but got a bad start and fell off the pace. On the last main windward leg 'To Be Sure' got into some drama. The rotator rope slipped out of the cleat while they were both on trapeze, over rotating the mast, and popping the diamond wires off of the spreader, resulting in an forward bend in the mast. They retired and manged to get it straighted luckily. It was going to be a very tight finish, but that left me and Steve to fight it out. I was pointing a fair bit higher than him, and managed to get in front at the last mark, and beat him by about 20 seconds.
I certainly enjoyed the conditions after the state drifting titles a fortnight ago! Hope the leg is on the mend.
Take it easy.

Hack

'Goodnight Nurse'
&