Hi Guys,
For our SC20 Tall Rig rating we used the standard US Sailing numbers and modifications. SC20 Tall Rig 63.5, spin at .96, square top at .995 gets us to 60.6.

According to the results page, the other SC20 registered with SP(spin), TR(extra trapeze), MN(square top), and JU(larger than normal jib). I did not see the other SC20 as they set up at another location. However, I am pretty sure that it was not a tall rig. I don't know why they registered with extra trapeze unless they sail with 3 people. The boat has a home made spin pole with a roller furler sail on the tip. The boat tacks the jib down low and sheets to the tramp with alot of overlap. Even with these modifications added I do not see how they came up with the 59.2 number. I am assuming a mistake somewhere.

As far as the extra sail area helping in the light air, I feel, and was told by Krantz and Leonard on the closest I20 to us that we made most our time and distance when the wind increased to double trap conditions. I'm sure the extra sail didn't hurt in the light stuff, but we were able to drive hard in the double trap conditions.

Who cares what you call our headsail; reacher, hooter, code zero, assymetrical spin? It is a very flat cut sail with an open leech that does not hook when maximally sheeted.

Hope that answers some of the questions.

Eric