...my highlights since I've been back on the water has been beating 2 tiapans and 2 mozzies at local club races recently..

Very fine on detail, but I'll let it slide this time..

Firstly, as the other Matt has already stated, the +65 has been waved because....they weren't showing up, so really only one question there, that is why don't they show up?

My thoughts on this, are (as the owner of two Mosquitos) the +65 division was not always known as that, whether it correct or not, we referred to them as the Heavyweight division, I think I would prefer +65 Division. The first thing that springs to mind, is most of the older boats aren't just +65, they are 70 even 80. The original kit boats which are the most common in the Western District, were made from the heaviest Marine Ply I think they could find, one of mine is an original kit boat bought by my father in about 1973 or 74, I finished it using the original plans and materials, it was an 80kg platform, and not from builder error, thats the way they were..Leigh Hein sailed one at Waranga Basin for the states years ago and came I think 3rd overall mind you, and his was heavier than mine.

A big part of it is I believe, the 80kg boat at the back doesn't see the other 70 or 80kg boat in front, they see the quick one at the front, in a fleet a lap behind is a lap behind, and last is still last, I think that the older boats are possibly discouraged by this....again this is just an opinion.

Taipan AUS329 'Got Wood'
Mosquito 752 'Sticky Finger'
HARDWOOD RACING TEAM