Originally Posted by beckit 1824
..... The social side is one of the mozzies big strengths, and as much as there is a competitive side to our racing, I think the way to get more people involved is to capitalise on the social side of the association.....

A little off topic but still very related...

I was at the hardware shop the other day and had a interesting conversation with the manager, he casually asked me what I sailed after he spotted the Ronstan and sailing stickers on the back of the cruiser, at first I thought it was just polite conversation but he blew me away when he admitted to also being a sailor and to top it off a mozzie sailor !!!

the conversation then got very interesting as to the amount he sails..... and I thought I was on the water a lot !!
the really odd thing was he sails at my local lake (only minutes from my home) and I'd not seen him coming or going to the lake let along on the water at all !!!
Strangely enough he only sails for pleasure, not one ounce of racing has ever entered that need, he simply likes to go when and where he wants to and enjoy the boat as it is.

Wind didn't seem to be a consideration in his pleasure, it was all about going out for a sail.

now I can honestly say we wont convert this guy to come and race with us, but on the other hand how often do we have a simple social day where its all about the enjoyment of going for a sail and not about the race or a course ???

confused

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740