After sailing at Speers point for a season Matt, I was also having to get used to being a rare class in a fleet.

Mozzies to me mean good fun, social, exciting racing. I think the differences in experiences and skill more than make up for crew weight differences. I look at Gordon Hyde on his boat sailing with someone else's old sail and his 1500 sail number and he is still competitive (for an old guy).

The social side is one of the mozzies big strengths, and as much as there is a competitive side to our racing, I think the way to get more people involved is to capitalise on the social side of the association. There can only be one winner, so I think it is important to provide other interests to the rest of us.

Social events, training clinics, novelty races, scull beer before races, mixed crew races and maintenance days/tips strengthen the association. This is illustrated by the amount of followers on this forum and the interest in fellow boat maintenance.

I think if you want people to become part of the Mosquito community then we should capitalise on the creating a strong community. Only my thoughts of course.

Luke.