Originally Posted by brucat
I was primarily trying to be humorous, but if we are to believe the armchair speculation of one or more design weaknesses costing them a chance at the win, there's a saying about bringing a knife to a gun fight that comes to mind.

These events can be notoriously brutal on boats, and racing is always a risk/reward equation, especially when launching through surf is involved.

I applaud Bret and JC for trying the boat in this event, and would love to hear from them about whether or not they'd use that design for the next distance race.

Mike

This is not their fist rodeo and Brett takes the boat through the surf as frequently as the rest of us and does it quite well. An onshore breeze and and a short period can make anyone look bad or look like a genius. At the end of the day if they have advice about getting through ANY situation it is worth your time to listen.

To your point Mike Bret loves that boat and I'm confident that if he wanted to do another long distance multi day open water event he wouldn't hesitate for a second to do it on the M20.

But that's just an opinion and it could easily be full of sh!t.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"