Originally Posted by Matt_Stone
Car bog is used to glue foams in some cases and make a curve so you can glass over a smooth corner as tight corners glass won't stick, and we all know that some resigns do melt the foam

Biggest problem with car bog is it's ability to soak up and hold water - not really a great thing on the inside of a boat !!!
That moistness is often against the raw ply for long periods, remember Twice Shy's holes ? , they were from moist bog that was used to glue in the foams.
sure it an easy way of building a boat but the long term damage will cause problems eventualy

I guess it comes down to what people think the 'life expectancy' of a mozzie should be.... 10 years, 20 years, 40 years ???? and how long will the full carbon fibre boats hold up in comparision ?
I have carbon bits here that are less than 5 years old and are here for repair from sun damage, will a full carbon boat last 5 years let alone 40 years ???

With the repairs and mods I'm doing I think these old ply girls will outlive their more modern carbon copies by a long way

smile

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740