appologies Gary,

I certainly didn't mean that carbon boats don't have a great 'life expectancy' in comparison to the timber boats, care and maintainance of either goes one hell of a long way to the life we can expect from either, we've all no-doubt seen timber mozzies in a almost non-recoverable condition due soley to being parked out in the weather for years on end..... neglected !! .... Twice Shy was certainly a borderline boat, wreck or restore was a tough decision at the time, I'm glad I made the right choice smile

The full carbon parts I have here are all sun damaged and much like the neglected timber mozzies, all have been "left out in the yard" with no care taken what so ever to protect them from the ravages of the weather.

I honestly have no idea as to how long a full carbon boat would stand up to being left parked out in the weather without any form of care or without being maintained in any manor.... hence my query as to will a full carbon boat last 5 years let alone 40 years, I seriously don't know.....

Carbon composites such as carbon kevlar etc as you have said are doing well at the 20yearish mark, I guess we have to wait and see how a pure carbon hull does do, hopefully they too will still be around in 40 years time too, not that it will do me any good, I'll be in my 90's
grin

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740