there are a few repairs that I just cant nut out as to why ....

[Linked Image]

The debris found in the hulls was quite a large amount, years and years of junk making its way in there had to build up somewhere.
The biggest issue is the size of the draining holes in the foams and in the ply subframes, often these are small in size and lets face it they really only need to flow a few dribbles of water that 'may' get into a "perfect set of hulls", but over the years the amount of water that seeps in increases to that cup or 3 worth of water.....
Any small bits of debris are now easily washed further out of reach and out of sight and slowly over the years builds up against the foams or hooked up on glass shards left exposed from the original chine tape.

In Scorpian I've removed around a kilo of debris from each hull, mostly its sawdust and shards of busted ply from damaged areas that have been repaired, then there's the odd washer or nut that's been dropped, and the remainder is a mix of a variety of things......
In Shy I removed a birds net, and several kids toys like plastic rings..leggo..and matchbox cars shocked
Inside Scorpian was a large amount the usual sawdust from repairs, what was probably grass clippings, 3 pencils and 2 biros, an empty chip packet, and a small plastic bottle with the remnants of perhaps milk in it....

The small drainage holes just don't cope with bigger objects that well as it is but as you can see in the pics showing all of the ply subframes, the resin and glass tape has been run past the hole to even further restrict the flow.
These will be cleaned up and a small increase is size will also help
smile

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740