Originally Posted by Matt_Stone
i stand to be corrected, i looked on the plans and the building rules and says nothing about tension, so personaly i would tension the beam so when the rig tension is on it has a positive bend of 1mm

old trick from former state tittle holders....

hang the boat from a solid beam / rafter etc so that only the transom is resting on the ground

that hanging point is the centre tube / front beam connection point, use the TUBE and NOT the beam as the tie point

adjust the striker tension until it is FIRM but not overly tight..... lockup the locking nut .... done smile

This is a BASELINE set point....
a starting point for the fine tuners to play from, add slightly more tension for heavier weather and slightly less tension for light weather sailors. The amount you'd adjust would be (pending on the thread's per inch of the adjuster bolt) would be at most 3/4 of a turn, fine threaded bolts would obviously require more.

Final check is to rig the boat fully and reef in the main (and jib if fitted) to a high pointing position, sighting along the beam the beam should be dead straight .... if its not you need to make further adjustments.

wink

Yar, & this ere post be done without a sin'le drop o' rum passin' me lips

Kingy
started with Impara Cadet #3 / Mosquito #245
& now Mosquitos #1182 & #1740