FYI,

for those who did not figure it out,...vicatman and I are sailing buddies,..on the same island..

we both went out on his new fx-1 last Sunday,...that is 460 crew pounds dry!.....after going around inside the reef a little we decided to go 'outside' and head for a local offshore island,....met up with Tom and his I-20,...and you guessed it,..a drag race was on.....none of us were on the wire(..string?) and the wind was 12-15 and the fx-1 lifted a hull and was dailing itself in.......I wondered how these hulls would do in the rollers,...well, we hit a series of 4 footers and she punched right thru with no loss of speed once,....the next set caught the crossbeams,slowed us down as 70% of the boat went airborn as both hulls hit the trough at the same time,...we pealed off and called it day (..the I-20 broke a rudder pintle on the same series of waves, we found out), to find that a custom 26 foot tri had joined the drag race too.

bottom line,...the fx-1 likes alot of water over its bows and it does not even blink at it........the complete opposite of my I-17 bows,...which if submerged alot upwind means you may be heading the wrong direction soon ( head over heals.)

vi catman ( virgin islands cat man) and I are sailing Weds at noon,....both boats out,.....and we have a cat race on Saturday,...will post more

Bruce

St. Croix