Hi bobru (bruce) & vicatman (?)

I was wondering what sails you had up. I have an FX-One too (also?), and have been racing Wedneday eves around an island (about 6 miles rhumbline), with main & jib and very light skipper and crew (285 lbs total), and think the boat is fantastic to sail. This is my 5th new cat in 17 years and it's the best so far. It's usually blowing somewhere between 10 and 20 kts. with a 1 to 2 foot chop. It's great solo too (I leave the jib on, and furl upwind when it gets too heavy).

I'm personally anti-spinnaker - but that's another story - or is it? Too late, I'm rambling...(and maybe responding to MauganH17)

Not that I don't enjoy sailing with a spinnaker, I just think it slightly detriments the sport for the following reasons:

1. It adds complexity to the boat

2. It increases set-up/break-down time (Who has extra time these days?)

3. Newcomers to the sport see poles, wires, spaghetti everywhere and could be turned off to it.

4. Just how fast do you want to go? (OK bad argument).

5. I think it's a macho-testosterone thing. Even in the monohull fleet that I also race in, you are considered less of a man if you don't race in the spinnaker division. Shouldn't it be as pleasurable as you desire without being judged?

Done rambling...

I'd like to vacation in the V.I's soon - maybe we could hook up (no pun intended)

Steve