Originally Posted by sierracat
Originally Posted by carlbohannon
The front beam does not look like the one on my 5.5 uni. The tramp track on your is separate, mine was internal to the beam, like the 6.0. It may be a homebuilt replacement. I would not order anything based on the dimensions of that beam. Also, I do not remember factory beams corroding like that

Interesting, I'm starting to wonder what crazy combination I have here. When we dry fitted the front beam on the hulls, the couple of holes to choose from to go over the stud in the beam moulding in the hull (my boat has a threaded stud coming out of the hull, not a threaded hole like most nacras) didn't make much sense. Either the beam seemed to extend slightly out over the edge of the hull, or sit inboard slightly so that the outside strap barely grabs the end of the beam. I hope that made sense.

[Linked Image]

Can anyone with a 5.5 in one piece and original parts give me some exact measurements for their beams (length, OD, ID, and distance inboard from each end for the anti-rotation bolt? Or point me to a document on the inter webs with such info.

Huh...that's not supposed to be a stud if I remember correctly...and, is that black material carbon fiber in the beam socket? I don't remember any 5.5's having carbon either (did the Uni version have some perhaps?). I'm pretty sure my 5.2 had a bolt that went down through a has spherical spacer through the beam into the hull. It was necessary to loosen that up and move the hull inward to get a new trampoline on. I can't imagine how you would do that with a stud there.

Jake Kohl