The problem, as I stated many times before, is that when you (subscribe to emails) to this forum (Open Forum/Discussions), you receive a separate email for each and every post. The "ignore" DOES NOT WORK! I practically begged Rick to set up a political forum away from and not included in the open/discussion forum, but the obvious request and wishes of many here, are ignored.

Like Jake said, people get fed up and leave. Participation is dwindling. This topic was addressed a few years ago but nothing happened. It's hard for Rick to really believe that this is happening when he sees over 12 million views come from a thread like "Drill Baby". Most of those views are simply the result of a google search for "Drill Baby Drill" sending non-sailing people here who immediately realize it's not at all what they were searching for. The content is forced down our throats, and I doubt that more that an isolated few want to have Todd and Mike's psychobabble sent to their email inbox.

A simple fix that will please all, is to move non sailing related topics into a specific folder labeled (i.e. Politics) in the root Forums tree, which isolates the subscription protocol. This request IS A WIN/WIN for all, but will continue to be ignored unless other members here speak up. Maybe then Rick will get it. The "win" for him would be increasing his viewership with the political trolls, and most importantly, keeping the multihull community happy.

Todd, you can create this root folder yourself. Regurgitate your political keyboard vomit until your fingers bleed, all the while, giving Mikey all the ammunition he could ever dream of to assassinate you with his quick and stylist prose.

Philip
USA #1006