It's a hot button for me because it's just another case of the "what if's" and a string of mythical scenarios. What if somebody is kiteboarding, and it tangles a rescue helo? What if it's a Cessna? What if you fall off your boat, die, and somebody is stranded because your corpse fowled the prop 10 miles out and they've got no radio and are dumber than a bag of hammers? What if's are just hand wringing and BS.

Stupid is stupid. There's no getting around that. People die every day for really dumb reasons. You take responsibility for your actions. If you can live with being responsible for killing somebody for no reason, then that's your deal.

More rules, means less rights. Every time one of these jackholes passes a fresh law, it's less you can do. If the dude downed a Coast Guard Sea Hawk, nail him to a cross, literally, and make an example of his mistake. But quit taking sh!t away from me!

I want to make some extra cash for fun with my hex doing real estate photos, maybe some wedding stuff, or crop surveys. Who knows, it might lead into something else and get me out of the cabinet shop, but I can't legally do it with out shelling out a massive amount of money to do so. There's less than 50 companies in the US legally using UAS for profit. There's just no reason for that. Sure, if you're buying surplus Reapers, or Predators for whatever you're doing a couple hundred miles out, than yeah, there should be some regulation. But for me to have 5,10,15,or 20 pounds of helicopter flying not much above the trees and getting paid making me a criminal, is just dumb.

I'm boatless.