Sorry Grandude, but chicks don't dig F18,s. Just look forward on your boat. Take a good look at the score sheet you may find 5 sailing.

If you want a chick friendly class check the H16. 40% of the sailors were "chicks" or women. (Beth was there, I'm sure you know)

Both are GREAT classes with Great sailors

The two classes are only similar because they are cats.

Totally different demographics.

Both great racing classes

Sailing/racing cats for a while we all have seen friends come and go and come back again wink I would hate to lose Timbo to the dark (power) side. FYI we have a power boat, don't use it as much as the sailboats tho.

We all have to make choices, whether it be what class to sail or whether to not sail at all.

I am lucky to have a wife that has skippered the Worrell, top fived an F18 NA.s as helm, 4th at the largest H16 NA's (120 boats) and double handed the Atlantic on a 35' water ballasted monohull and kicks my butt regularly on the race course. Yes i am proud and very lucky. Most guys are lucky to get there significant others to race an occasional regatta. She the exception NOT the rule.

Tim sail when you can and keep your family happy!! Get an F31 it's the only way to go!!

Attached Files
SPK Amb del.jpg (18 downloads)
Susan & hobie.jpg (18 downloads)
Last edited by Tom Korz; 10/28/15 11:17 PM.