Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
looks like you can jump on your neighbor's pool slide when you're done...

And do you need help to get the boat off the cradle? Seems like it's too high to lift off each end by yourself?

I presume a sail box will go underneath where the beach wheels are in that one picture?

It is unusually high on the trailer. Because the trailer was adapted from something else, the axle is wider than a catamaran trailer would normally be and it puts the wheels and fenders right under the hulls. That dictates the unusual height. The boat sits a couple of inches lower than in those pictures now that the bunks are notched for the beams but it's still high. I don't mind having the boat further away from road debris but it does setup a loading/unloading challenge. I do, however, think I have an answer for that and will be fitting some more pieces parts to make loading/unloading a simple one man operation. I'll have more on that as I get the main structure of the trailer done.

I'm building the mast support this weekend and will be extending the rear of the trailer frame 2 feet to get the trailer lights further aft and get the trailer balance a little better. I'm trying to find someone that has a brake and can bend 12 gauge steel locally so I can make a simple frame extension- the company I work for has sadly shut down all employee use of the shop equipment. Otherwise I'll have to cobble something together with angle pieces and some of the tubing I cut off the original construction.

Yes, there will be a sailbox made from an aluminum clad 1/2" outdoor grade plywood (sign material) with a unique top lid hinge...I'm still working out the details on that and it will be a while before I get around to that part.

Jake Kohl