Originally Posted by ratherbsailing
I know this has been brought up. I also understand the argument "boats become out of date"

I would like a change,

When the boat were designed it was based on the what could be produced by everyone at the time Things have moved on. You can produce the same thing a lot stronger and lighter than you could 10 years a go. We are up to Gen 3 boats. All the Gen1 and gen 2 boasts could be considered "Out of date"

In my opinion only Gen 4 should be 135kg. It would increase performance and bring the boats inline with other classes that are going as light as possible. A classes are super light and super strong. It can be done. I feel its time for change. Look forward to the next 10 years.

A couple of the manufactures I have spoken with have said they are ready to go. They just need the decision to be made.

Its just my opinion. You are allowed to disagree.

Please identify yourself.

Of course the manufactures would love to replace the fleet with new boats it would be a great pay day.

Why are we interested in competing with boat weights of other classes we would still have to apply a formula for the results?

I'm really not interested in dumping my current boat to buy a more expensive (likely) boat.

How is the F18ht doing?

I question your motives sir and I doubt you have the best interest of the class in mind.

David Ingram
F18 USA 242
http://www.solarwind.solar

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
"Excuses are the tools of the weak and incompetent" - Two sista's I overheard in the hall
"You don't have to be a brain surgeon to be a complete idiot, but it helps"