Very interesting debate. I'll state that I think the current format is better than it has been in the past, but I think we need to consider what the Alter Cup actually means? To me, a young guy, it really has no meaning as to me the H16 National Champion or F18 National Champion or N17 National Champion crown the best double-handed multihull sailors. Is this intended to crown the second best, the Portsmouth handicap champ or??

My opinion, F16's and F18's should race more together but I know many do not share that opinion, and I respect that logic as well (reduction of fleet splits, we already have F16/N17/F18 competing for sailors). That being said, I don't think we want a major championship historically sailed in one design boats decided by SCHRS, though the Dutch Texel Open does it and that is without a doubt a very successful event.

Talk the M32 class, I could see them being interested, and probably even bring some money to the table.

I would say focusing on junior multihull sailing is sorely lacking in this country. Very sorely lacking. The kids want to race these fast boats but don't have avenues to them, and we don't have the youth multihull championship avenue that GBR and Europe have, resulting in a slightly less talented NA N17 teams than other countries with such youth opportunities.

Last edited by samc99us; 08/26/16 12:57 PM.

Scorpion F18