While I agree with most that the AC would need to be on single type of boat (not raced PHRF, portsmouth, SCHRS or whatever) I would be hard pressed to find an H17 if I chose to try and qualify for the 2017 AC.

I suspect that limiting the selection of boats to those currently in manufacture would be problematic, as well (especially in affordability criteria)...?

let's see...
Single non-spin:
Wave
A-Cat
Weta (screecher?)

Double non-spin:
H-16

Single spin:
F-16 (maybe?)

Double spin:
F-16
F-18
N-17

Tris & bigger cats
Sprint 750
Weta
(new) stilletto
M32

What other boats are out there being built/sold and have critical mass for AC qualifiers?

I would second the idea of refining the AC as the top event for youth multihull sailing. Not sure how much "weight" an AC win would have on an adult's sailing resume (vs. perhaps a National or World level ranking) when looking for professional type sailing gigs.

I believe there may be several multi platforms for the youngsters which could be suited for the AC if enough youth programs adopted them. Similar to Laser radial or 420... And that may allow for several iterations of AC to use the same platform which would justify the cost of acquisition a bit more than changing platforms every year?

Heck, in a perfect world an AC champion would qualify for the olympic team...

Last edited by waterbug_wpb; 08/26/16 02:22 PM.

Jay