Hey everyone reading,
I just sent Damon a check to help pay his expenses to get control of this forum. I e-mailed him as he suggested to learn what is happening and to get his address to send the check. I have directly benefitted from using this website and The Beachcats website (the one Damon already hosts) so I let him know that it was payback rather than charity. He let me know that the website is currently 4 months in arrears so that is the first payment to make and once he pays that the current host will be pretty easy to deal with for Damon to get control. He will know how much more is needed soon and when that is settled he can go public but why wait for him to put all the cash up front? Please join me in contributing if you can. Damon will appreciate it and this forum will soon be much more usable. He specifically told me that the first he would do is get rid of the spam but he will also archive all of the useful info shared here over the years just as he has done on his website with the "On The Wire" magazine. Again, If you want more details and an address, send Damon an e-mail.
Thanks to anyone else who contributes!