Individual classes (with minimum numbers) with open class would draw the most participants. I had to fight for that in the Florida 300 but looks like they are really pushing for one design. Glad I am not involved in race organization anymore. Problem with guys like me, I need sponsorship to do a race like this and if they pull the same minimum number, GO/NO GO, it is impossible to get sponsorship because I will not look for sponsorship for a race that probably won't happen.

I have had a sponsorship proposal ready with a list of potential sponsors but I will not start approaching sponsors until the race is a definite GO which is supposed to be decided by Monday. My proposal is a two years program with a LOT less expensive 300 mile race this year and the VERY expensive race next year which includes a charter. It would be a good way to introduce a sponsor into a major future commitment. Unfortunately, we need four teams to register before Sunday for the Florida 300 to happen. If it does not happen, there is no way I will even attempt to find sponsorship if the 1000 race will only run if minimum numbers are met.

Hint, hint...Need any teams sitting on the fence for this years Florida 300 to register by Sunday. AND if you are thinking about doing the 1000 and never did a race over 100 miles, you probably won't pass the experience qualifications for the 1000. There is minimum qualifications/experience necessary to compete. Completing the Florida 300 will probably qualify you.

Last edited by cyberspeed; 03/31/18 12:27 AM.

craig van eaton
Supercat 20
TEAM CYBERSPEED
www.TeamCyberspeed.com
Endurance Series
www.SailSeries.com