All,

Thank you for all the comments and inputs both pro and con! It is apparent y'all want to play and you shall. Below is tha latest attempt at a great sailing opportunity for us! Give us your inputs/comments one more time and then we will hopefully go final so the home builders can get busy. Can we try to voice all opinions lets say by Wed night, Feb 11 at 11pm? That will give us a day or to to read all comments and open this class! Again, thank you for adding your comments for the class!!
========================================================
FORMULA 14 ASSOCIATION RULES

Mission Statement: “Promote fun sailing for all ages!!”

Safety: Wearing a life jacket/PFD is recommended. Any type of righting device, anti-turtleling device is legal. It is the responsibility of the skipper to conform to all national safety rules.

Rules

1. Maximums:
Boat Length: 14’ 3”.
Beam: 8’ 6”.
Mast Length: Open.
Sail Area (main/ jib/ reacher/ spinnaker): Open

2. Boat Components: Hulls, sails, mast, beams, rudder system, sails, rigging,
sheeting systems, trampolines, battens, booms, boomless sails, downhaul,
outhaul, mast rotation systems, tiller extensions are open and can be made of any material. Components, including sails, can be hand built or purchased from any manufacturer.

3. Sails: Pinhead, elliptical, or squaretop mainsails. Headsails/jibs may be
rollerfurled. Headsails/jibs may be mounted on short/long bridles, foils, or
on pole systems.

4. Single trapeze or hiking rack system is legal.

5. Singlehanding is the method of sailing in the class.

The intent of these rules is to be a work in progress. As the class grows, additional refinements of these rules may become necessary.

Annual review date: February 12, 2005.
==========================================================

Respectfully,

Bob Curry

"The election is over, the talking is done, Your party lost, my party won. So let us be friends, let arguments pass, I’ll hug my elephant, you kiss you’re a $$.”
Liberalism = A brain eating amoeba & a failed political ideology of the 20th century!