Ok so the boat will be very light. Vac. bagged I'm guessing. At that weight there will be few if any 14's that will go with it. I'd guess that only my 430 would even come close, I can't think of another boat except maybe the blade when it's available. Yes I know what you mean with masts but I was lucky in that I had a ready supply of old alum. 'A' sections (125x60) which I had chemically milled to a reasonable weight. There are only a few left now and I might need a good section to replace mine if this F14 thing ever gets going. What sort of money does your mast cost and what are the dimensions?
What we need is a national F14 assn. running a 14ft GP. Probably a big ask in this country with distances what they are. I tried to organise a State GP in 99/2000 giving the 14's their own course so they wouldn't have to contend with the demeaning and incessant procession of bigger boats passing them to windward during the race but it attracted almost no interest and the first host club pulled out 2 weeks prior. I was not impressed. Maybe it's worth another try.

99/2000 draft flyer:
announcing::
14FT (4.3M) NSW G.P. CIRCUIT
for
CATAMARANS
To be conducted at four separate venues, over the season ‘99/2000.
It is proposed that the series be run at:
GLSC Forster (6 races) October, 2nd - 4th
LMNCC Rathmines (5 races) in December, 4th and 5th
Koonawarra Bay S.C. (5 races) February 12th and 13th
Vincentia S.C. Jervis Bay (5 races) in April, 23rd - 25th [ANZAC]
21 races in total, with 15 to count. This means that three only of the four regattas will need to be contested for a competitor to have a chance of winning the series.
A presentation dinner soon after completion, at a venue to be nominated, would ad a fitting finale.
Anticipated categories will include:
O/A scratch winner, - O/A yardstick winner, - 1st in class, [five or more boats]
best Master (over 45), - best Junior. (under 16) and best Female.
Prize money in the vicinity of $500 ea. for scratch and y/s winners and $100ea. for other placings is considered appropriate with Entry fees of $160 for the full series or $45 per regatta depending on the level of participation.
Class Assns. could possibly use the series as their State Championships.
The purpose of the series is to:
provide quality racing for 14ft boats,
to bring together the boats in a mass fleet,
to encourage younger people to participate in catamaran racing and
to strengthen by promotion, the 14ft class Catamarans.
If other States can be encouraged to run a similar series it may be possible to select
State Teams to compete in a National 14ft Championship.
WE INVITE YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EXCITING SERIES
For further information please contact:
What do you think?
Bern

Attached Files
30665-430@crsc2.jpg (204 downloads)