I think that it is an excellent idea BERNY, but I feel that the priority, at this time is to get the "numbers on the water". It doesn't matter where they sail, or whether they sail against standard 14' class's, or if they sail in open fleet, but they have to be seen, and seen with spinnakers as an exciting and viable way to go. when that happens the rest will follow. So keep your programing handy for when the time is ripe.
On another point Berny, yes I don't think that there will be another 14 ft cat that can come any where near our 4.3 - AT PRESENT - but thats why I think that the system that the F16 has would be good for the F14. I am refering to the "grandfather rule" where there is a class of F14 that consists of all production converted 14's that will race for, "across the line" against each other ( where they could be surprisingly of equal competitiveness over a series of different wind strengths and courses) this I think is vital to get, and keep existing owners of 14' cats interested, and an open F14 that will consist of " cats designed specifically to conform to the "new" F14 dimensions. How do you feel about that?
Darryl J Barrett