As far as flying into shore, I did mean that as a joke.

That's really quite funny, as I tend to fly my G-Cat into shore when there's a nice crowd nearby. Those deep-V hulls dig right in and send my flying on the trapeze. I've got a neat little dismount that sends me right up to the bow so I can start dragging the bow into the wind. However, my G-Cat doesn't have 'boards

Earlier in the same day as I mentioned in my previous post, we had both boards up on a broad reach coming into shore. We surfed the P18-2 on a nice little 3' wave into the shore and slid so far up the beach that we were out of the wet sand. A couple guys surfing a kayak gave us a little cheer

I do recall (going to give my age away a bit) seeing a Sizzler coming in and neither rudder kicked up then the boat came to a screeching halt on the beach with one guy in the trap. Let's just say it was breezy that day and the guy in the trap got to go flying when the boat tipped on it's side. For those of you too young to know what a Sizzler was it was an all aluminum cat that to me had to be about as ugly as an Aqua Cat.

Hans Geissler was talking to me about Sizzlers. He said that is where some of the inspiration for the G-Cat design came from (he used to sell Sizzlers). I remember the red one from Jaws, but that's about it....

G-Cat 5.7M #583 (sail # currently 100) in Bradenton, FL Hobie 14T